I was re-reading some of my posts in 2008. Back then I wrote a lot more about relationships. I came across a post entitled, "What Do Good Black Men Want in a Relationship?" It was a topic on the Tyra Banks Show and I expounded upon it. I got some really good comments on the post. CLICK HERE to read it.
I love reading my old posts. I reflect upon that hopeful, dream-filled young woman who wrote back in 2008. I can appreciate the journey that has led me to be the woman I am today. I just am not wowed by what I used to be wowed by.
I have learned a few lessons in these six years of writing this blog. On relationships, specifically:
1. Behavior never lies. What someone shows you in his/her actions - believe.
2. Real men want to provide, protect, and cover. If you are always providing and covering - something is wrong.
3. A man taking charge is like the sexiest thing ever.
4. An honest no that is hard to hear is better than a fraudulent yes.
5. Real men tell the truth.
6. It is okay to wait on Mr. Right and not settle for Mr. Right Now. By Mr. Right, I mean God.
7. Don't let others pressure you into a relationship.
8. If your gut is telling you something is wrong, SOMETHING IS WRONG!
9. Be open to new experiences.
10. Be willing to learn. You (I), don't know everything.